Neurosciences at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
There are very few hospitals in the world where you will find such a wide variety of neurological specialists under one roof. MedStar Georgetown’s physicians are experts in treating disorders of the brain and spine, offering new options and hope to patients with even the most complex cases.
Offering such advanced technologies as the CyberKnife® for inoperable tumors located anywhere in the body and deep brain stimulation for treating Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, MedStar Georgetown’s Neurosciences Institute uses a team approach to effectively treat some of the region’s most complex cases of stroke, aneurysm, epilepsy, cancer as well as disorders of the brain and spine.
Neurologists, neurosurgeons and interventional neuroradiologists combine advanced technology, cutting-edge research and commitment to excellent care to transform patient’s lives and outcomes. Our neurosciences program includes several specialized services:
- a multidisciplinary Spine Center offering minimally invasive spine surgery
- a comprehensive Movement Disorders Program specializing in Parkinson’s disease
- a specialized Acoustic Neuroma and Skull Base Tumor Center
- an advanced Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- a Joint Commission designated Primary Stroke Center with an emergency stroke team
- a comprehensive Pediatric Neurosurgery Program