Radiation Medicine at MedStar Georgetown
The Department of Radiation Oncology at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is dedicated to promoting health and wellness through expert and compassionate clinical care. By providing research offerings, leadership training and cutting-edge technology, we are able to offer patients the most advanced cancer treatment options in one, multidisciplinary clinic.
MedStar Georgetown is proud to be the first hospital on the East Coast and the one of the only hospital in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area with a CyberKnife® image-guided radiosurgery system. Our stereotactic radiosurgery program is very active, and we have extensive experience performing procedures for spine, lung and gastroenterology (GI) tumors as well as intracranial and skull-based lesions.
Radiation therapy services are provided on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. Additionally, we provide radiation therapy to both inpatients and outpatients, and are an integral part of the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the Washington, D.C., area.
The Department of Radiation Oncology plays an important role in treating many conditions including:
- Arterial venous malformations
- Acoustic neuromas
- Adrenal tumors
- Benign tumors
- Breast cancer
- Extracranial tumors and lesions
- Early stage non small cell lung cancer
- Intracranial tumors and lesions
- Hepatocellular CA
- Malignant tumors
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Previously irradiated thoracic malignancies
- Solitary or limited pulmonary metastases
- Spine cancer and spinal cord tumors
For a complete list of cancer and disease specialties, visit the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The Department of Radiation Oncology offers several cutting-edge treatment options:
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- CyberKnife Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image-guided Radiation Therapy
- Brachytherapy and Interstitial
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
Learn more about the Clinical Programs and Services offered at MedStar Georgetown.
Make an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a radiation oncologist, call our scheduling line:
- Anatoly Dritschilo, MD, Chair
- Peter Ahn, MD
- Brian T. Collins, MD
- Sean P. Collins, MD, PhD
- William Harter, MD
- Sonali Rudra, MD
- Andrew Satinsky, MD
- Keith R. Unger, MD
The Department of Radiation Oncology conducts continuing clinical research that focuses on ways to more effectively and safely treat tumors with radiation while minimizing the amount of radiation critical organs and nearby healthy tissue receive. This research includes:
- National Cooperative Group (ALGB/RTOG)
- Total Body Irradiation for Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Partial Breast Irradiation
- Modeling Treatment for Cancer with Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy
- CyberKnife Protocols
Learn more about clinical trials currently recruiting participants at Georgetown University's Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- CyberKnife Program Brochure
- Prostate Cancer Treatments Brochure
- Proton Therapy at MedStar Georgetown - coming soon