Volunteer Services receives requests for special programs and departments seeking specific volunteers to join the team. These assignments will be advertised on this page. We encourage you to check this page for information on special recruitment efforts throughout the year.
Volunteer Services will post all hot new assignments below:
Would you like a bird's eye view of the hospital? An opportunity to work in customer service and ensure patients receive the care they need? Then Guest Services may be right for you. By serving as the first point of patient contact, you are responsible for directing patients to where they need to go and assisting with any questions they may have. This is a unique position that allows volunteers to interact with all different medical departments and to make a difference in a patient’s stay here at MedStar Georgetown.
What you do:
- Welcome all patients and customers at the Concierge Desk
- Escort or direct patients to correct department locations
- Hand out pamphlets, maps, and other informational materials as appropriate
- Work with Patient Advocacy on any pressing patient issues
- Work closely with guest staff to facilitate all concierge operations; one on one training and mentoring
Who you are:
- Customer service oriented and familiar with medical terminology
- A strong communicator with interpersonal skills
- Can navigate Microsoft Office Suite, the internet, and hospital based computer systems
- Someone who can prioritize and multi-task in potentially stressful situations
- Applicants for this position must be over 18 years of age
If you're interested in the opportunity listed above, please email [email protected] and enter "Guest Services" in the subject field.
Contact the Department of Volunteer Services
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
3800 Reservoir Road, NW
Washington, DC 20007
CCC Building Room 3402
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Walk-in Hours: Monday through Friday, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon