Learn More about Living Donor Kidney Donation
Find out how you can benefit from a living donor kidney transplant during a live webcast on Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
April 29, 2014
Featured in :Transplant ,
Explore By Category :
- Blood Management
- Emergency medicine/trauma
- Gastroenterology/digestive diseases
- Healthcare industry
- Interventional Pulmonology
- Interventional Radiology
- Medical Education
- MedStar in the community
- Orthopaedics and sports medicine
- Primary care
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
- Women’s services
- Video Gallery
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center News
- MedStar Harbor Hospital News
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital News
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center News
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital News
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center News
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital News
- MedStar Health System News
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center News
A FREE Live Webcast On April 30
Log On. Ask Questions. Get Answers.
(Washington, DC) - Why live your life on dialysis? Studies show that patients who receive a kidney transplant could experience twice the life expectancy as those who continue to undergo dialysis. A living donor transplant can eliminate a long wait for a transplant and is the best quality kidney.
Find out how you can benefit from a living donor kidney transplant during a live webcast on Wednesday, April 30. Transplant physicians Thomas Fishbein, MD, FACS, Matthew Cooper, MD and Jennifer Verbesey, MD will be available to answer your questions about donor requirements and new minimally invasive approaches that make it easier for donors to recover.
Two patients, one a recipient, and one a donor, will also be available to share their experiences.
Patient Contact: 202-444-3700
Back to Top
Inflammasome activation linked to T-cell dysregulation and poor outcomes in comorbid COVID-19 patients, according to MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute led study
Category : Transplant ,
MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute Implemented New Transplant Protocol and Performed More Kidney Transplants than any Other Hospital in U.S. During COVID-19 Pandemic.
Category : Healthcare industry , Quality and Patient Safety , Transplant ,
New Treatments for Hepatitis-C Open New Possibilities for People Waiting for Kidney Transplant
Category : Innovation , Transplant ,
Kidney Transplant Recipient Finds Her Donor Because of Mutual Love for Rescuing Dogs
Category : Transplant ,