Dr. Sukanya Subramanian is a small bowel adult transplant gastroentrologist. She specializes in small bowel transplant and intestinal rehab.
Dr. Subramanian’s areas of clinical expertise include the medical management of patients with small bowel disease, including malabsorption disorders related to mucosal disease or short gut syndrome. She has a special interest in intestinal insufficiency/failure, intestinal rehabilitation, and the management of gastrointestinal issues in patients who have undergone an intestinal transplant.
Her clinical interests include:
- Management of patients with malabsorptive disorders, including complicated inflammatory bowel disease and short bowel syndrome
- Management of patients with intestinal failure and dependence on intravenous total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
- Management of patients with intestinal insufficiency due to global motility disorders
- Management of complications of TPN
- Pre-operative evaluation and care of intestinal transplant candidates
- Post-operative medical care of intestinal and multivisceral organ transplant recipients
- Functional bowel disorders associated with organ transplantation
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
- Clinical pharmacology (applications in IBD and transplant medicine, novel therapeutics)