MedStar Georgetown University Hospital was the first hospital in the nation's capital to achieve Magnet® Recognition.
Your Next Chapter Starts at
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is committed to supporting each member of our nursing staff develop professionally and meet career goals. Our nurses are encouraged to grow and become leaders at the bedside. We employ nurses throughout the organization in a variety of roles and leadership levels. Whether you’re looking for an advanced practice position, a more specialized practice, a higher acuity patient population, a care coordination role, or a better work-life balance, you’ll find your next opportunity here!
Develop Leadership Skills
- Financially incentivized clinical advancement program (Clinical Ladder)
- Specialty charge nurse and preceptor Classes
- Paid participation in collaborative governance council (Hyperlink to Governance Page)
- Specialty certification review courses and reimbursable certification exam fees
- Annual nursing conference
- Mentor new to practice nurses and nursing students
- Resources and support for research and evidence-based practice
- Opportunity to become a Magnet champion and volunteer in the community