MedStar Georgetown University Hospital was the first hospital in the nation's capital to achieve Magnet® Recognition.
Work in One of America's
Most Vibrant Cities
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is located in the exciting national capital of Washington, D.C. Our city is home to the excitement of national politics, countless historical landmarks, renowned museums, and 32 miles of hiking trails. With so much to see and do, Washington, D.C. is a great city to call home.
Washington, D.C. was ranked among the top five “Best Places to Live in the United States” by U.S. News & World Report in 2017.
The District of Columbia sits alongside the Potomac River, bordering Maryland and Virginia. The city is composed of many vibrant neighborhoods, including Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, and Capitol Hill. Each neighborhood brings something unique to the culture of D.C. Visit Shaw or the U Street Corridor for world-class bistros, bars and boutiques. Admire historic row homes as you walk along the charming cobblestone streets of Georgetown. Join the cheering Nationals fans you’ll find in the Capitol Riverfront district. These distinctive neighborhoods give Washington, D.C. a sense of community while creating a diverse city to explore and treasure.
Navigating the Nation’s Capital
There are many transportation options when traveling in and around the city. These include:
- Capital Bike Share
- Over 350 pickup and drop-off locations allow bicyclists to explore hundreds of miles of bike lanes and trails.
- WMATA Metro and Buses
- These trains and buses service D.C., Virginia and Maryland.
- C. Circulator
- This bus system can help you get around the D.C. area.
- Car2Go, Zipcar, and other car sharing services
- Car sharing services allow you to access a car when you need one—quickly and easily.
- Uber, Lyft, and taxi services
- Need a ride? It’s easy to find one in Washington, D.C.
Things to do Around the City
- Visit the Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Explore George Washington’s home, Mount Vernon
- Cheer on D.C.’s many sports teams, including:
- The Washington Nationals (Baseball)
- The Washington Capitals (Hockey)
- The Washington Wizards (Basketball)
- The Washington Redskins (Football)
- D.C. United (Soccer)
- The Washington Valor (Arena Football)
- Shop at Eastern Market
- Discover the United States Botanic Garden
- Bike to Great Falls
- Stroll down the cobblestone streets of Alexandria, Virginia
- Visit one of the many free museums and cultural sites
- Stand-up paddle board at the Georgetown Waterfront
- Tour the White House
- Visit the Washington Monument
- Shop the boutiques on M Street
- Explore Chinatown
- Hike Roosevelt Island
- Attend a play at the Kennedy Center
- Paddle boat around the Tidal Basin
- Enjoy a concert on the National Mall
Fast Facts About D.C.
- Georgetown is the oldest part of the city, dating back to 1751.
- The D.C. Metro is the second busiest subway system in the U.S.
- D.C. is home to more than 175 embassies and international culture centers.
- The International Spy Museum is the only public museum in America that is all about spies.
- Darth Vader adorns the National Cathedral—spot him among the structure’s gargoyles!
MedStar Health is proud to provide care to the following D.C. sports teams: the Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, D.C. United, and Washington Valor.