All shuttle buses enter the University campus via Canal Road and pick up and drop off passengers in the shuttle bus loop by the Southwest Quad and McDonough Gym.
To assist people getting from the shuttle bus loop to MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Georgetown University is providing two 10-seat mini shuttle buses.
Please note the following important points about the operation of the mini-shuttles:
- The mini-shuttles will be available to patients, visitors, MedStar Georgetown associates and Georgetown University faculty, staff and students.
- The mini-shuttles will be ADA accessible and provide safe on-boarding and departure for handicapped individuals.
- For the safety of all passengers, no standing will be allowed on the mini-shuttles.
- The mini-shuttles are not fully enclosed and do not provide complete protection from the elements.
- During severe weather, the University may choose to stop operation of the mini-shuttles to ensure the safety of passengers.
The shuttle buses will pick up and drop off passengers in two locations:
- Southwest Quad area (by the football field and the new athletic center that is under construction). The exact location will be determined and communicated ASAP.
- Corner of the Pasquerilla Healthcare Center (PHC) building (across from the Kober Cogan building and Leavey Center). The mini-shuttle will park in the crosswalk by PHC and the Kober Cogan building and Leavey Center so handicapped individuals can board and exit the shuttle safety and have immediate access to the PHC curbside crosswalk ramp.
At this time, the planned route for the mini-shuttle will be:
- Begin at Southwest Quad area and travel up the hill toward the Hospital.
- Turn right and travel between PHC and Leavey Center, and continue traveling in back of the Kober Cogan building.
- Turn left at back of Kober Cogan and turn left again to travel in front of Kober Cogan and stop at the corner of the PHC building.
- The mini-shuttle will drop off passengers at the corner of the PHC building, and pick up any waiting passengers.
- The shuttle will then turn right between PHC and Leavey Center and follow the road down the hill and back to the Southwest Quad area.