Automated teller machines (ATMs) are located in the Main Building on the first floor, near the Café Espresso, and in the Pasquerilla Healthcare Center (PHC) on the ground floor by Cafe Georgetown.
The gift shop, operated by Lori's Gifts, is located in the Main Building, 1st floor, and stocks a large assortment of gifts, flowers, mylar balloons and cards as well as plush animals, personal care items, snacks and drinks, magazines and paperback books. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can call the gift shop directly at 202-444-4181 to place an order during business hours or visit the online gift shop at any time to order items for same-day delivery.
Discounted accommodations for patients and family members are available at nearby hotels. All rates are subject to change and are based on availability. Options for hotel stays include:
- The Georgetown Hotel and Conference Center is located on the university campus across from the hospital. Reservations should be made as early in advance as possible as discounted rates are limited. Contact the hotel directly at 202-687-3200 and ask for the Georgetown patient rate.
- Nearby hotels located in Washington, D.C., and Virginia also offer MedStar Georgetown University Hospital discounted rates and should be contacted directly. For a listing of hotels, visit the MedStar Georgetown website under Visitor Information and select Local Hotels.
The Protective Service office operates the Lost and Found service. If you find or misplace an item, call ext. 4-2890.
USA Today is delivered Monday through Friday to our patients with their breakfasts. The exceptions are in our pediatric and intensive care units. These and other daily newspapers are available in machines in the Vending Express (Gorman Building), the Lombardi entrance, and in the CCC Building near the elevators. All are located on the ground floor.
Notary services for patients and their families are arranged through the office of Patient and Physician Advocacy at ext. 4-3040. Requests for a notary should be made in advance, and are provided by appointment between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. There is no charge for notary services to patients and families but donations for notary services provided are accepted for the Patient Sharing Fund.
Patients, Families and Visitors may park in the following areas:
- Garage 1 (Enter the campus from Entrance 2 on Reservoir Road.)
- Lot A (Enter the campus from Entrance 1 on Reservoir Road.)
- Leavey Conference Center Garage (Enter the campus from Entrance 1 on Reservoir Road.)
We are pleased to offer discounted parking for our patients and visitors. Please pick up discounted parking stickers Monday through Friday until 9 p.m. at one of the following locations:
- Concierge desks, ground floor PHC Building, or first floor, Main Building
- Physician Offices
- Outpatient registration areas
After 9 p.m. and all day Saturday and Sunday, discount stickers may be obtained from the security officer in the Emergency Department, on the ground floor of the CCC Building.
For your convenience, a direct line to a local taxicab service is located at our Concierge Desk in the main lobby, and at the PHC and Emergency Department entrances. Additionally, there is a taxi stand in front of the Leavey Conference Center, directly across the courtyard from the entrance to the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Valet parking is available to all patients and visitors at the entrance to the Emergency Room and to the PHC Building. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. There is no additional charge for valet service. However, patients and visitors are reminded to pick up discount parking stickers before claiming a vehicle. After hours, pick up keys from the parking attendant at the parking booth in Lot A.
The Protective Services Department offers escorts to your vehicle after hours, upon request. Please call Protective Services at ext. 4-3800 when you are ready to leave and a security officer will assist you.