It's All Here
Whether you are new to the area-or simply seeking a new source for high-quality care-you can find what you need at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. From around the corner to around the globe, people come to MedStar Georgetown because they trust our capabilities, expertise, experience and care.
And no wonder. We are historically among the first hospitals to adopt the latest proven and promising procedures. We offer a full range of services from primary care to advanced sub-specialties, staffed by highly credentialed and acclaimed leaders in their fields. And as a center of research and learning, we work to find better ways to prevent, detect and treat some of today's most critical health problems.
MedStar Georgetown's many attributes include an impressive array of centers of excellence—in cancer, gastroenterology, neurosciences and transplant. But our expertise doesn't end there. In fact, we feature a full spectrum of services to address your changing needs, anywhere along life's continuum.
Combined with the hospital's Jesuit mission of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—it is no wonder that so many patients, family members and other healthcare professionals turn to us for their care.
For a brief overview of each Center of Excellence, please click on a link below:
We're Here to Help
Georgetown M.D. (Medical Directory) is a free physician referral service offered by MedStar Georgetown University Hospital to help you find the doctor who best meets your unique medical needs. With access to more than 900 MedStar Georgetown University Hospital physicians, experienced and knowledgeable nurse counselors are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
In addition to scheduling your appointment or referral, these nurses can provide you with insightful information about physicians: specialty areas of expertise, medical practice philosophy, education and credentials, office hours and locations, insurance participation and lots more.
Call 202-342-2400 or 866-745-2633 today to find the best doctor for all of your healthcare needs.
Other Awards and Recognitions
- The first non-specialty hospital in DC to earn the coveted "Magnet®" status for excellence in nursing, which translates into better care for you
- Winner of the "Beacon Award" for excellence in critical care nursing
- Ranked by U.S.News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the nation for gynecology
- Named regularly in Washingtonian's and Northern Virginia Magazine's 'Top Doctors' issues
- Recipient of the National Marrow Donor Program's Innovation Award for outstanding efforts
- The most breastfeeding-friendly facility in Washington, DC, as named by the DC Breastfeeding Coalition
For further description of these awards, please visit the Awards and Recognition page.