Our Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation team works with referring physicians to provide advanced, comprehensive care for our patients.
Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Program at MedStar Georgetown
We have built relationships with referring physicians in the region and around the country, working together to give our patients the best results possible. Our transplantation program features:
- Dedicated transplantation specialists: When you refer patients to our program, you can feel confident they are receiving the most specialized care available. Our physicians focus exclusively on transplantation, giving us a superior level of expertise.
- Expertise in high-risk patients: Some programs may turn patients away due to age, health, or other reasons. Our physicians have extensive experience in treating a wide range of patients considered high risk. We have experience in guiding patients safely through the transplantation process.
- Largest bone marrow collection site: MedStar Georgetown is home to the largest collection site for the National Marrow Donor Program, a program started by the U.S. Department of Defense. This high volume gives our bone marrow experts unparalleled expertise in safe and effective bone marrow collection procedures.
Our physicians at MedStar Georgetown will assess each patient’s eligibility at time of referral. In order to streamline the process, please include the following:
- Recent Physician progress notes-to include original physician consult note
- Laboratory reports-to include initial staging studies demonstrating response to treatment or relapse
- Recent radiology reports-PET, CT scans, MRI
- Pathology reports
- Operative Reports or Procedure Reports
- Cardiac Studies
- Medication Records
- Chemotherapy records
- Emergency Department Records
- Current Insurance Information
- Pathology Slides (Please have patient sign Georgetown Medical Release Form)
- Include copy of General Medical Records Release Form
- For Multiple Myeloma patients, please include detailed lab reports to include staging studies (SPEP, Immunology Studies, Kappa/Lambda free light chains, UPEP).
Our staff is available to make the referral process easy. To refer a patient, please call Physician Access at 202-442-4200 or 202-342-3300.
Our staff is available to make the referral process easy. To refer a patient, please call Physician Access: