Exceptional Care for All Types of Cancer: The MedStar Georgetown Cancer Institute
The depth and breadth of our cancer network provides everything you need for top care for all types of cancer:
- Top Doctors: We’ve brought together a diverse group of nationally and internationally renowned specialists, covering all aspects of cancer and collaborating with each other and additional support staff. That means you get an individualized plan and compassionate care. No matter what type of cancer you’re fighting, we have you covered.
- Sophisticated Diagnostic Tools and Treatments: We offer sophisticated treatments, backed and driven by research and tailored for your needs. Our arsenal includes therapies aimed at a tumor’s particular characteristics, targeted radiation like CyberKnife and minimally invasive surgery.
- Convenience and Access: By bringing together a number of hospitals, research centers and practices, we can provide top-quality, research-driven care closer to where you live or work—particularly for outpatient services like chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Seamless, Supportive Care: Our electronic medical records ensure you get the care you need, without the hassle. We also provide a full range of support services, driven by our mission to care for the whole patient and provide the best healing experience possible.
What does my diagnosis mean? What are my treatment options? A cancer diagnosis can lead to many questions and a great deal of uncertainty. Learn more about the types of cancer we treat below and make an appointment today.
Our surgical oncologists are fellowship-trained and not only have this experience, but work with a multidisciplinary team of expert specialists. Together, we develop a treatment plan that will be most effective for you. We base our recommendations on the latest research and use state-of-the-art surgical procedures. Learn more about Surgical Oncology at MedStar Georgetown.
The Department of Radiation Oncology at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is dedicated to promoting health and wellness through expert and compassionate clinical care. By providing research offerings, leadership training and cutting-edge technology, we are able to offer patients the most advanced cancer treatment options in one, multidisciplinary clinic. Learn more about Radiation Medicine at MedStar Georgetown.
Learn more about MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's Cancer Care programs below:
Make an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a cancer specialist, please call our scheduling line.
Cancer Care Patient Resources
- Patient Handbook (PDF)
- Support Services
- Your Healthcare Team
- Hope Connections for Cancer Support - Offers support groups and educational classes for people with cancer and their caregivers.
Awards & Recognitions
The MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center is the only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Washington, D.C. region.
National Accreditation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
As an CoC-accredited cancer center, MedStar Georgetown takes a multidisciplinary approach to treating cancer as a complex group of diseases.