Facts about kidney transplantation and opportunities for living donors
Studies show that patients who receive a kidney transplant could experience twice the life expectancy as those who continue to undergo dialysis. Learn how you might benefit from a kidney transplant and options for living donor transplantation.
A living donor transplant can eliminate a long wait for a donor organ, and it provides the best quality organ possible. The donor organ usually will work properly immediately after surgery and the patient will experience fewer episodes of rejection. Living donor transplantation can allow a recipient to get a transplant before starting dialysis, which usually results in improved outcomes for the recipient.
Light dinner and free parking with validation.
For more information contact Linden Spruill at [email protected] or 202-877-7247
Join us in Baltimore for a free lecture featuring topics such as:
- Transplantation: An Overview and Outcomes
- Living Kidney Donor Transplant
- Maintaining a Healthy Diet While Waiting for a Transplant
- How to Prepare for Transplantation
- A Personal Experience With Living Donor Transplant (Hear from a donor and recipient)
Living Kidney Donation – Tina and Rolanda’s Story
Register for the Upcoming Lecture