The Adult Education Committee in conjunction with the Social Action Committee at Mishkan Torah Synagogue is pleased to present
Facts about kidney transplantation and opportunities for living donors
Studies show that patients who receive a kidney transplant could experience twice the life expectancy as those who continue to undergo dialysis. Learn how you might benefit from a kidney transplant and options for living donor transplantation.
A living donor transplant can eliminate a long wait for a donor organ, and it provides the best quality organ possible. The donor organ usually will work properly immediately after surgery and the patient will experience fewer episodes of rejection. Living donor transplantation can allow a recipient to get a transplant before starting dialysis, which usually results in improved outcomes for the recipient.
For questions, please call 202-295-0668.
Join us in Greenbelt for a free health talk featuring topics such as:
- Transplantation: An Overview and Outcomes
- Living Kidney Donor Transplant
- How to Prepare for Transplantation
- A Personal Experience With Living Donor Transplant (Hear from a donor and recipient)
- Dental considerations pre-and-post surgical (with Mishkan Synagogue’s own Dr. Arden Bronstein)
A comprehensive question and answer period, and light refreshments will follow the lecture.
Paired Kidney Exchange: Ilene Silverman’s story
Register for the Upcoming Lecture in Greenbelt