The transplant process is a long and complicated one. Now that your healthy organ is functioning inside your body, you must assume responsibility for your everyday care.
We know this can be the scariest part of the transplantation process for some patients, and we have numerous support systems set up to help you, including your post-transplant coordinator.
Steps to care for your new, healthy organ include:
- Take all your medications and follow your medication schedule.
- Avoid infections: stay away from people with viral infections or colds for the first few months after transplant.
- Stay in contact with your support services: Always call your nurse or doctor after transplant for any new symptoms that arise, including bleeding, fevers, diarrhea, or other problems.
- Follow your diet: you are prone to fluid retention, and eating the prescribed diet with low salt and simple sugars is important early after the transplant.
- Please follow your patient discharge instructions carefully.
Make an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a transplant specialist, please call our scheduling line:
Transplant Clinic Lab Hours
Monday: 7:30 am to 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am to 4 pm
Wednesday: 9 am to 6 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am to 4 pm
Friday: 7 am to 3:30 pm