MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s services for spine conditions at the Chevy Chase location offer state-of-the-art evaluation and treatment of back, neck and spine pain. Our skilled clinicians will evaluate your condition and determine any joint limitations, muscle weakness, and pinpoint your pain distribution to develop an individualized treatment plan to help you regain function, relieve pain, and prevent future injury. Our goal is to arrive at an accurate diagnosis and formulate the most effective treatment plan.
Rehabilitation Services for Spine Conditions
- State-of-the-art evaluation and treatment of back and neck pain.
- Physicians trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation and interventional pain management who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal conditions.
- Multi-modal approach to treat back and neck-related pain through non-operative techniques, including interventional spine procedures available on-site.
- Education about your condition and advice on how to move safely.
- Soft tissue and joint mobilization to improve pain free motion.
- Stabilization and core strengthening to resume functional activities.
- Flexibility to restore normal movement.
- Dry needling to reduce myofacial trigger points and muscle spasms.
- Ergonomics and body mechanics for safe return to daily life
- Traction techniques to decompress the spine and reduce radiating pain
Non-Operative Spine Treatment
More than 90 percent of spine cases are resolved through non-operative treatment.
- Educate you about your condition.
- Evaluate your condition and determine any muscle weakness.
- Pinpoint your pain distribution to develop an individualized treatment plan to help regain function, relieve pain, and prevent future injury.
- Experts in modalities and techniques such as dry needling, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, soft tissue/ joint mobilization, myofascial release and other techniques to help alleviate pain and return you to your activities safely.
- Develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability to the back and neck; and when necessary, incorporate the results of laboratory and imaging studies.
- Provide advice on ergonomics and teach you how to move safely and educate on proper body mechanics for a safe return to your daily activities.
Learn more about rehabilitation at MedStar National Rehabilitation Network.