We depend on our shoulders to support many of our most basic movements – including pushing, pulling, lifting, and throwing. The shoulder is one of our most flexible joints, which can make it vulnerable to injury. Whether acute (from an injury) or chronic (due to long-term overuse), shoulder pain can be very debilitating. Caring for shoulder conditions or injuries can be complex. MedStar Georgetown has a team of orthopedic specialists dedicated to helping you regain the functionality of your shoulder and perform a full range of motion. As leaders in caring for shoulder conditions, our shoulder specialists:
- Are all fellowship trained and specialize only in shoulder surgery
- Have expertise in cutting edge, emerging techniques for treating shoulder disorders, including arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and reverse shoulder arthroplasty
- Perform the largest number of reverse shoulder replacements in the Washington area
- Specialize in minimally invasive surgical techniques that use small incisions to treat your injury with higher precision, less pain, and a faster recovery time than traditional surgery
- Train surgeons across the United States on how to perform the latest surgical techniques
- Advance and develop new shoulder surgery techniques through research
- Offer a sophisticated rehabilitation program designed to give you the best possible outcome
MedStar Georgetown shoulder specialists treat a wide variety of shoulder disorders – from injuries to degenerative diseases. Shoulder specialists are available across the central Maryland and Washington D.C. regions. Learn more about our team at MedStar Georgetown.
No matter how complex your shoulder condition, you can feel confident that our team has the skills and experience to find a solution that will help you. If you are experiencing shoulder pain that lasts longer than a few weeks or is severe, contact MedStar Georgetown to meet with an orthopedic specialist.