The unique spine care program at MedStar Georgetown features talented physical therapists working closely with a variety of physicians to obtain the best outcome for conservative treatment. Our therapists are continually enhancing their knowledge with up-to-date techniques regarding back and neck care.
- Back School: This rehabilitation program is a group setting and is designed to educate individuals to take control of their back and/or neck pain.
- Aquatic Therapy: The therapist and patient use the qualities of water and heat to decrease pain and swelling and to increase movement. The pool is heated and handicapped accessible.
- Manual Therapy: Our therapists have taken many additional courses to provide highly skilled services using their hands. This may include massage, mobilization of joints, and more.
- Exercise: Therapists and patients work together to develop an individualized exercise program to stretch or strengthen appropriate muscles. Emphasis is placed on the patient continuing these exercises at home.
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program: This is a six-week program where patients can exercise in a group setting specially designed for people with arthritis. Our therapists have been trained by the Arthritis Foundation to teach this course.