The MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Department of Pathology and Clinical Laboratory provides a comprehensive service in the Hematology and Coagulation laboratory. The hematology testing is performed by the latest state of the art hematology Sysmex HST line analyzers. These analyzers are programmed to perform testing accurately and have incorporated performing the new six-part differential to include immature granulocytes. Most differentiation of the cells are performed by Cellavision – a new methodology of performing the differentials utilizing computerized microscopic apparatus.
The Coagulation testing is also performed by the latest STAGO Evolution R models. The testing offered is the most extensive in the Medstar group; as a result, all specialties are referred to this laboratory.
- Complete blood count
- Parasite identification in whole blood
- Bone marrow preparation and staining
- Cerebral spinal and body fluid analysis
- Crystal identification
- Klein-Hauer Betke testing for fetal cells
- Comprehensive hemostasis testing
- Platelet function studies
- Elisa testing for heparin antibodies
- Bleeding and clotting disorders
Recognized as the Coagulation laboratory “Center of Excellence”