While our dedicated medical team is taking care of infants in the NICU, we also provide support services for parents. Having your child in the NICU because of a premature birth or illness is stressful. We have on-site emotional counseling, as well as places for all members of the immediate family - moms, dads and siblings - to visit.
Family Support Center for NICU Families
Several facilities are available to parents of infants who are in the NICU. They include:
- Mother's Haven: a place for breastfeeding moms to express milk, rest and shower
- Dad's Den: a room for sleeping specifically designed for fathers
- Family Lounge: a comfortable room with kitchen facilities designed for eating, relaxing or spending time with other family members
- Kiddie Korner: specifically designed for siblings
- Nesting Place: a rooming-in facility for parents of previously critically ill infants before discharge, as well as for parents taking their infants home on medical equipment and medications. A nurse is available to supervise overnight stays of the infant(s) in this room. The Nesting Place also provides temporary accommodations to parent(s) who live outside of the area.
Our on-site psychiatrist and psychologist also provide family counseling as needed.
Lactation Center and Breastfeeding Support
International board-certified lactation consultants are available 7 days a week. The center provides full-service breastfeeding support that includes:
- Breastfeeding counseling and consultations
- Breastfeeding education
- Evidence-based clinical management
- A breastfeeding outpatient clinic
- Sales and rental of breastfeeding equipment
The Lactation Center is available to all breastfeeding mothers. Learn more about lactation services.
Make an Appointment
To schedule a consultation or an appointment with a neonatology and NICU expert, please call