You can support The Child Life Program at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital in several ways. Please read the information below and reach out to help—We are so grateful to all of wonderful donors and sponsors.
Giant Bonus Card for A+ Bonus Bucks Program
Register your Giant Bonus Card for A+ Bonus Bucks Program for a simple way to give.
The Child Life Program at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital will benefit each time you shop at Giant and Peapod.com. You will help us jumpstart our hospital school program, purchase school supplies and educational materials.
You may designate up to three schools. If you registered last year, you MUST RE-REGISTER again this year.
Follow one of these easy instructions:
- Email Katie Wallace, kathleen.e.wal[email protected], with your 12-digit Bonus Card number and your last name.
- Go to GiantFood.com/APlus to designate on-line using our ID: 02837.
- Dial 1-877-ASK-PLUS (1-877-275-2758) to designate over the phone using our ID: 02837.
For more information visit GiantFood.com/APlus or call, 1-877-ASK-PLUS (1-877-275-2758).
Hospitalized children need toys for play year round. Toys donated by the community keep our playrooms supplied and help make special celebrations happen. There are several ways to donate to us:
Toy Safety Guidelines
- All toys (stuffed animals included) must be brand new due to our hospital infection prevention policies
- All toys should meet Consumer Product Safety Codes; any glue or paint on toys must be non-toxic
- No Latex balloons and items will be accepted due to allergy and safety policies
- No glass or spark/friction producing toys will be accepted due to safety policies
- No "humorous" medical toys will be accepted as it can cause misconceptions and fears
- No violent, frightening, or adult-rated themed toys will be accepted
- We will only accept DVD movies that are rated G, PG, PG-13
- Wrapped gifts will not be accepted; wrapping paper may be donated with gift
- If you are unsure about your donation, please don't hesitate to call us, 202-444-3037
Gift cards to Amazon, and I-Tunes will be accepted and used to benefit all of our programs.
Where, when, and how do I deliver my donation?
- Please call 202-444-3037 to make arrangements Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. They will be delivered to the Concentrated Care Center (CCC), 5th floor, Room C5405.
What about used toys?
- Unfortunately, due to infection control and the safety of our patients, only brand new items will be accepted.
May I deliver my gift directly to the patients?
- We apologize, but because of concerns for patient confidentiality and infection control, you will not be able to directly deliver your gift.
Will someone pick up my donation?
- Due to staffing, we are not able to pick up your donation. Donations may be mailed to MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, ATTN: Kathleen Wallace, Child Life Program, 3800 Reservoir Road, NW, Concentrated Care Center (CCC), 5th Floor, Room C5405, Washington, DC 20007.
May I donate sporting or other event tickets to patients and families?
- We welcome ticket donations, please call 202-444-3037 to make arrangements.
Make an Online Gift
- You can make an gift through our online donations form.
- Under Donation Information there is a "Designation" drop-down menu. In this menu choose other and specify in the memo line: Child Life Program
We are so grateful to all of wonderful donors and sponsors.
- Alicia Rose Victorious Foundation
- Casey Cares Foundation
- Coles Closet
- Georgetown Cupcakes
- Hope for Henry Foundation
- Just TRYAN it!
- Kids Wish Network
- Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation
- Starlight Children's Foundation
- Tanner's Totes
- United Airlines
- Washington Redskins
- Washington Wizards
If you are interested in supporting a specific program or making a monetary donation, please contact Katie Wallace, Child Life, Education and Arts Coordinator, at 202-444-3037 or [email protected] for details on how to make your donation.