Interventional Pulmonology offers minimally invasive diagnostic, therapeutic and palliative procedures in patients with pulmonary nodules, lung cancer, airways malignancies, benign airways disease, pleural disease and complicated asthma.
Our comprehensive program includes:
Make an Appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a pulmonary specialist, please call our scheduling line or use the online request form below.
- Electromagnetic navigation diagnostic bronchoscopy (Super D)
- Convex probe endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Peripheral endobronchial ultrasound (RP-EBUS)
- Airway ultrasound (RP-EBUS)
Central Airway Disease
- Rigid bronchoscopy
- Balloon bronchoscopy
- Argon plasma coagulation
- Endobronchial electrosurgery
- Endobronchial mitomycin-C to delay airway restenosis
- Endobronchial steroid injection for inflammatory diseases
- Foreign body removal
- Stent placement (i.e. hybrid and silicone stents)
- Stent removal/surveillance
- Fiducial placement for CyberKnife Therapy
- Medical thoracoscopy, pleural biopsies, diagnosis and management of recurrent pleural effusions
- Pleurodesis via talc clurry and poudrage
- Tunneled pleural catheter
- Thoracentesis +/- thoracic ultrasound guidance
- Multidisciplinary thoracic clinic at the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, CyberKnife Lung Clinic and CT Lung Cancer Screening Program
Watch the video below as Dr. Eric Anderson answers commonly asked questions about lung cancer, including CyberKnife advantages.
Advanced or Complex Cases of Asthma
- Bronchial thermoplasty, a safe outpatient bronchoscopy procedure that uses mild heat to reduce excessive smooth muscle in the airways, which helps reduce severe asthma attacks.
- Percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy