With MedStar Georgetown, patients have access to comprehensive rehabilitation services. Our physical and occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists work hand-in-hand with other rehabilitation professionals to design treatment plans tailored to each patient’s unique needs. This team approach features state-of-the-art technology, advanced medical treatment based on the latest rehabilitation research, and a continuum of care that includes outpatient, inpatient, day treatment, and subacute programs.
- Physical therapists can help people improve their quality of life by increasing motion and mobility, eliminating pain and promoting the prevention of further injury.The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation provides adults and children physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology.
- Speech language pathologists or speech therapists are trained to assess speech and language development as well as treat speech and language disorders. Speech-language pathologists can also help people with swallowing disorders.
- Occupational therapy is based on engagement in meaningful activities and aims to restore, reinforce and enhance the abilities of those impacted by disease and injury to care for themselves, return to work and avoid further disability.
Each member of our team is dedicated to providing personalized wellness, injury prevention and rehabilitation services to every patient. This team includes highly-skilled rehabilitation specialists who have extensive post-graduate and doctoral-level training and provide the latest in evidence-based care. In fact, we help teach other healthcare professionals about physical medicine and rehabilitation—further highlighting the significant amount of experience, professionalism and knowledge of our team members.
Observe a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Professional
Are you interested in observing a MedStar Georgetown PM&R professional? Submit your application today.
MedStar Georgetown offers a variety of pediatric rehabilitation services. Learn more about:
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy
- Pediatric Speech and Language Pathology (SLP) Therapy
- Feeding Therapy
- Early Intervention
Make an Appointment
3800 Reservoir Road NW
Bles Building, Ground Floor
Washington, District of Columbia 20007