MedStar Georgetown Offers New Treatment for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is the only hospital in Northern Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Maryland to offer the new FDA-approved Urolift® System for treating patients with benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). The Urolift System is a proven treatment for BPH with superior patient outcomes compared to traditional medical and surgical BPH treatment.
Benefits of the Urolift procedure include:
- No cutting or heating during the procedure.
- No sexual side effects.
- Minimal post-procedure bleeding and pain.
- No special follow-up or medical management in the post-procedure period.
- Office based procedure performed under local anesthesia.
- Relieves symptoms for up to five years after treatment.
Find Out More About the Physicians Who Perform UroLift
Dr. Ryan Hankins and Dr. Guarav Bandi (pictured above) both perform the Urolift System treatment. For more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our urology specialists, call 855-546-0616.