MedStar Georgetown University Hospital was the first hospital in the nation's capital to achieve Magnet® Recognition.
Be Rewarded Where You Work
Outstanding care deserves outstanding benefits and rewards. MedStar Georgetown University Hospital nurses are integral to all that we do, and we are grateful for their talent and drive. In addition to our competitive salaries and collaborative work environment, we offer a range of employee perks to show our appreciation.
At MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, we believe in taking care of the associates who make our hospital a world-class patient care facility. In this spirit, we offer associates a comprehensive benefits package called MedStar Total Rewards.
Our Benefits Package Includes
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- “Guide to Thrive” Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Leave and Holidays
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Legal Resources
- Financial Resources
- Yates Field House recreation facility
- Metro Check and discounted parking
Please click here for a full listing of all of the benefit offerings.
In addition to our comprehensive Total Rewards Benefits Package, many inpatient nursing positions qualify for other incentives, including those listed below.
- Full-time, hospital-based clinical nurses receive up to $6,000 of educational assistance per calendar year.
- All other full-time nurses receive $2,500 of educational assistance per calendar year.
- Educational assistance is administered through EdAssist and can be used for:
- Certification preparation, examination and recertification
- Tuition at accredited colleges and universities
- Conferences and programs offering continuing education credits
- All nurses have access to free continuing education through Nurse.com.
- Financially-incentivized Clinical Advancement Program for eligible full-time, hospital-based clinical nurses
- Collaborative Governance: Councils, Committees, Mentoring Programs
- Departmental and hospital-based classes and courses such as: Charge, Preceptor, End-of-life (ELNEC), Phlebotomy, Code Response, EKG, Ultrasound-guided IV insertion, Chemo for non-oncology nurses
- Sponsored professional certification preparation course
- Hospital-sponsored community service opportunities
- For many positions, we offer relocation reimbursement for moves of greater than 50 miles. This may cover the cost of movers, shipping and other initial expenses.
- The Georgetown Lombardi Arts and Humanities Program works closely with the Frederick H. Prince IV Hospital Staff Morale Program to sponsor activities designed to provide stress relief and strengthen teamwork. These activities include knitting, quilting, painting, journaling, and more.
A variety of nutrition, stress relief and physical activity programs are offered through our Live Well program.