MedStar Georgetown LAUNCH Parent Group
Our LAUNCH Parent Group covers psychoeducation about the emerging adult stage of development, skills-based strategies for supporting your emerging adult, mindfulness techniques for becoming a more effective parent, as well as validation and support for parents as they walk through this exciting and sometimes difficult stage with their child.
There is no fee to attend the group, although we ask for parents to commit to missing no more than two groups in the semester.
Priority will be given to parents of past or current Launch participants, although parents of emerging adults not in the Launch program will be considered if space allows. The group will be capped at eight participants in order to maximize the experience. Please contact us today if you are interested.
This group will be led by Joslyn Hills, LGPC, MEd, a psychotherapist and parent educator. She is the mother of two emerging adults, ages 20 and 23.
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter- And How to Make the Most of Them Now by Meg Jay, PhD
- Parenting Your Emerging Adult: Launching Kids from 18-29 by Varda Konstam
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting by Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
Classes and Workshops
- Parent Encouragement Center - Parenting classes and workshops for all ages
- The Art of Self: The Launch to College - Study Pro Workshop supporting the transition to college
- The Dorm - Independent living and outpatient support to emerging adults and their families
- Heron’s Gate - Intensive, wraparound approach to help young adults and their families achieve independence
- Meyer Treatment Center at the Washington School of Psychiatry
- The Viva Center