International Services Coordinators at MedStar Georgetown
Trust, comfort and support when you need us most.
Each international patient is assigned a multilingual international services coordinator who will act as your personal health care guide and advocate. As part of our international services team at MedStar Georgetown, the international services coordinator has a medical background and, with your permission, can:
- Register and escort you and your family throughout the hospital
- Interpret and arrange translation services
- Review medical records and identify the best doctors for your healthcare needs
- Coordinate and schedule appointments for medical tests, treatments and other services
- Obtain second opinions and treatment plans
- Review and explain financial arrangements
- Assist with applications for medical visas and other documentation
- Help arrange both short- and long-term lodging
Our International Services Coordinators are happy to assist you with scheduling appointments for all of your healthcare needs. Please call us at 202-444-1588 or send us an email at [email protected] and provide the following information:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Symptoms you are experiencing
- Department/physician you would like to be seen by, if known
Interpretation services in 175 languages.
MedStar Georgetown offers free medical interpretation in 175 languages, including American Sign Language. Services are available in person, by phone or by video conferencing and other technology 24/7. Helping you to communicate comfortably throughout your medical treatment is our goal.
Personalized Travel Assistance
Once details of your arrival and schedule at the hospital have been confirmed, our International Services Coordinators will assist you with making arrangements for your accommodations and transportation in Washington, D.C., based on your personal needs. It is our goal to make you as comfortable as possible and to help you and your family adjust to living away from home.