MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute in Fairfax
3301 Woodburn Road, Suite 209
Annandale, Virginia 22003
Comprehensive Care for Liver Diseases
Our multidisciplinary liver disease team diagnoses and treats patients with liver disease and liver or biliary tumors as well as patients in need of a liver transplant.
Collaborating with physicians, we offer the latest developments in the management of liver disease. Our hepatologists manage advanced liver disease with the objective of prolonging or even eliminating the need for transplant. If a transplant is needed, the time on the list waiting for a transplant is six months at MGTI, compared to an average of 16 months at other centers in the Baltimore area.
Why Choose MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute?
- Our transplant surgeons are experts in the latest surgical techniques including laparoscopic and robotic liver resection, cadaveric, live donor and split-liver transplantation.
- Our hepatologists manage a range of liver disease from early to advanced, including: abnormal liver enzymes, fatty liver disease, cirrhosis from any cause, hepatitis B and hepatitis C and all tumors of the bile ducts or liver.
- The time on the list waiting for a transplant is six months at MGTI, compared to an average of 16 months at other centers in the Baltimore area.
- The Center for Liver and Pancreas Surgery utilizes a full multidisciplinary approach of surgeons, radiologists and oncologists in its approach to managing diseases of the pancreas, bile ducts and liver.
- We collaborate with referring physicians to develop a comprehensive care plan customized to the patient.