Why Choose the MedStar Orthopaedic Institute
MedStar Orthopaedic Institute
MedStar Georgetown is a part of the MedStar Orthopaedic Institute, the area’s largest and most experienced team of orthopaedic surgeons. A leader in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of orthopaedic conditions, we combine the experience and expertise of 38 skilled orthopaedic surgeons—many who are fellowship-trained experts—who use their knowledge and advanced training to customize the right solution for you.
Our network of specialists covers the entire spectrum of orthopaedic conditions and provides innovative solutions for your individual needs. With appointments available at a number of convenient locations throughout the region, patients benefit from the collective knowledge of our specialist.
Our Approach to Advanced Orthopaedic Care at MedStar Georgetown
No matter how simple or complex your orthopaedic condition, our team of fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeons has the expertise to help you.
We set high expectations for your recovery and tackle any challenge to restore your function and range of motion. Our goal is to get you back to your favorite activities—whether it’s walking, playing a professional sport or keeping up with your grandchildren.
Our approach to your treatment and care is:
- Experienced: We perform thousands of procedures each year, research new and emerging surgical techniques, and even train surgeons from across the country on how to perform complex surgeries.
- Comprehensive: You will find everything you need right here at MedStar Georgetown, including:
- Thorough diagnostics
- Wide range of non-surgical treatment options
- Most advanced surgical procedures
- Access to specialized orthopaedic equipment such as braces and orthotics
- Sophisticated pain management
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Personalized: We take time to talk with you and your family to explain your condition, answer all of your questions, and develop a treatment plan that is most appropriate and most effective for you.
- Advanced: We specialize in the latest, most advanced surgical procedures, including minimally invasive surgical techniques.
We are a prime referral center for the most complex cases and perform many revision surgeries to correct unsuccessful procedures done elsewhere. Learn more about why MedStar Georgetown is recognized nationally as an outstanding center for orthopaedic care.
MedStar Orthopaedic Institute Videos
Katherine Gaffney suffered from chronic foot pain due to an athletic lifestyle that put a lot of pre
Watch Dr. Brent Wiesel to learn about today’s advanced treatment options for rotator cuff tears an
When Dominic Nwanji injured his knee on the basketball court and injured his ACL, his research broug
Amy Rizzotto is a yoga instructor and wellness entrepreneur who was devastated when she was hit by a
Betsy Bassan of Maryland runs her own company and leads a busy life that includes tennis and trips t
Francis X. McGuigan, MD, is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon whose focus is surgical and non-su
Paul Cooper, MD is a board-certified orthopaedist specializing in the treatment of all conditions of
Curtis Henn, MD is an orthopaedic hand and upper extremity surgeon with the MedStar Orthopaedic Inst
Dr. William Postma is an orthopaedic surgeon in the MedStar Orthopaedic Institute’s Sports Medicin
Dr. Michael Kessler, chief of Hand Surgery & Orthopaedics, answers the most commonly asked questions
Dr. Bobby Kalantar, chief of Spine Surgery & Orthopaedics, answers the most commonly asked questions
Brent Wiesel, MD, Chief, Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at MGUH, answers commonly asked questions about
Dr. Brian Evans answers commonly asked questions about orthopaedic surgery, including how you know w
Minimally invasive spinal surgery involves the use of smaller incisions that minimize damage to the
Our expert neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons have successfully performed thousands of minimally