The Neurointerventional team at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital treats vascular diseases affecting blood vessels in the head and neck. Each of our interventional neuroradiologists is board certified and has undergone additional fellowship training in their areas of expertise.
Our specialized interventional neuroradiologists diagnose and treat patients with the full range of neurovascular diseases including:
- Stroke (poor blood flow to the brain resulting in cell death)
- Narrowing or hardening of the arteries, including carotid artery stenosis
- Brain aneurysm (enlarged blood vessel)
- Vascular malformations (abnormal clusters of blood vessels), including arteriovenous malformation, cavernous malformation, and vein of Galen malformation.
- Arteriovenous fistula (abnormal connection between an artery and vein)
- Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (blood clot in the brain’s venous sinuses)
- Moyamoya disease (blocked arteries at the base of the brain)